Thursday, November 3, 2011

"AUTUMN AFTERNOON", 30 x 24

The Sun was sinking quickly so I got off the highway somewhere south of Warwick, NY, to take some pictures. I stopped a jogger to ask her about the picturesque places she could recommend to me. She Scratched her head a bit and lamented the fact that most of the leaves were off the trees and it was probably too late to drive anywhere special before sunset.
Then she jogged off, leaving this in my line of vision! Five clicks of my camera and I was back in my car. And I knew exactly what I'd be painting next.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, is this water color or oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's oil. Done entirely with a palette knife. Thanks. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one has to be the best one you have ever painted. Absolutely Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Lawrence. I guess we have both been working hard for the last few years and it's nice to see we are both growing as artists! I'm loving your new works too.

    ReplyDelete